The “great gummy upgrade” wins awards in the children’s dietary supplement market. What’s better than a gummy? Children’s supplement leader ChildLife Essentials chooses clean-label ConCordix technology, much to the delight of parents and kids.
Childlife Essentials is known for its all-natural formulas designed exclusively to meet the nutritional needs of today’s children. They offer formulas with all the important vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. What they don’t offer? Gummies. “Despite their popularity, I have never liked gummies,” confirms founder and naturopathic pediatrician Murray Clarke, DNM., D.Hom., L.Ac. So, in 2019, when Clarke first learned about Vitux AS’s chewable ConCordix technology – a unique jelly-like matrix that dissolves easily without sticking to teeth like gummies – it was love at first sight. ChildLife Essentials soon became one of the first dietary supplement companies to launch ConCordix broadly with multiple SKUs. These next-generation supplements quickly became award-winning favorites within the industry and most importantly, among parents and children in the U.S. and around the world.
Bucking the gummy trend
Founded more than 20 years ago, ChildLife Essentials was the first and remains the only full-line dietary supplement company devoted exclusively to children. “Initially, most of my line was in liquid form. As a pediatrician, I understand that liquid is much easier than tablets or pills for kids to take, and the bioavailability was better.”
While Clarke stayed focused on children’s health instead of entering the adult products market, he watched as other companies did the opposite. “I saw more adult products companies introduce gummies for children. I’ve never thought of gummies as a good delivery vehicle. In the beginning, they were loaded with sugar. They were sticky and terrible for children’s teeth. Gummies also limit the suitable age groups to only those who can chew and swallow them without choking.” Clarke was introduced to ConCordix Smart Chews during a trade show by Andrew Myers, N.D. also a naturopathic physician and Chief Science Officer at Vitux in the U.S. “What immediately impressed me about ConCordix is that it is a soft melt. You don’t have to chew it, so it is suitable for all ages without any choking hazard. It has zero sugar, and the taste profiles are fantastic.”
Comments Vitux AS Senior Vice President Sales and Marketing Marc Van Maris, “ChildLife Essentials is one of the most trusted children’s brands in the U.S. Our quality specifications for ConCordix are very much in line with theirs. We also share similar sustainability and environmental goals.”
ConCordix Smart Chews offers several advantages
ChildLife Essentials produces natural formulas that bridge the nutritional and environmental challenges and gaps in children’s diets. ConCordix Smart Chews have proven to be an asset on multiple levels, including:
- They are 100 percent sugar free. Their natural fruity flavors won’t increase the health risks associated with sugar.
- They are clean label. They are free of artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners and preservatives, gluten free, dairy free and non-GMO.
- They are versatile. ConCordix holds both oil- and water-soluble ingredients in its homogeneous, pre-emulsified matrix.
- They have more potency. Clinically relevant dosing is easier with this delivery system. “The potency is always phenomenal,” confirms Clarke. “We can now get the maximum amount of active ingredients in there while still maintaining the taste profile. It’s a critical balance and Vitux AS does a beautiful job.”
- They are packaged in recyclable, single-serving blister packs. “It’s easy to take these with you, and parents like that these come hygienically sealed. Plus the packaging protects against oxidation, which gives them a 24-month shelf life without hardening.”
- They are enjoyed by kids and their caretakers. “They especially fill the gap with teenagers who may not be as cool as younger children about taking a liquid,” Clarke comments.
- They offer enhanced bioavailability (43.4 percent) of omega-3 products. This becomes relevant, knowing that the child’s body actually absorbs the nutrients.