Oslo, May 28, 2020
Following up on our recent communications we in Vitux wanted again to reach out to you per-sonally as a customer and provide you with a new update on the situation and the measures that Vitux is undertaking in light of the COVID-19 outbreak.
Our primary concern in the ongoing situation is the well-being of our team and families and the ability to serve you with quality products on a continuous basis. Simultaneously, we also wish that you, your family and team remain healthy and well.
Fortunately, the spread of the virus is declining in Norway and society as well as Vitux are moving on to carefully monitor the return of business practices which had been cancelled or changed in light of the Covid-19 outbreak.
In any way, Vitux employees, from the Management Team to the Marketing & Sales Team, Facility Managing Directors and Operators as well as all Development and Support Staff, are aligned and committed to mitigating any impact on delivering your critical supplies. We are doing everything possible on our end to support you and your customers through this crisis.
Please find below some information on actions taken by Vitux to secure business continuity. They have been implemented since March 2020 and are closely monitored and adjusted as needed.
Vitux Team and product safety measures:
• Office staff in Oslo is still recommended working from home if they travel to and from work by means of public transportation. In the office, we have implemented the rec-ommended practices for social distancing and avoid common use of office space and services.
• Laboratory staff is on a strict schedule in order to minimize contact and any contami-nation risk.
• Visitors are allowed to the office, laboratory or manufacturing site on a pre-approval and limited access policy only. All business meetings are to be organized via phone or video link and our Sales Team is reaching out to you in order to establish lines of communication based on your requirements.
• Norwegian law demands recent travelers to be in 10 days quarantine. Norway has not opened for travel between countries yet, however this is expected to be implemented gradually over the next months.
• Strict access limitations for only business critical and qualified service providers under the general hygiene rules valid for all team members at the production site.
• At our production site, we have extended the strict clean zone (manufacturing area) hygiene rules to the whole facility including any access to the facility.
• We know how critical the timely and safe delivery of our products is for our customers. At present we assure that our storage and production facilities are operating normally.
• Up to today we only experience minor disruptions in logistic services as a result of government restrictions and our business partners confirm that supply and delivery chains are operational. The same applies for our external laboratory partners based on the local restrictions they are operating under.
• As for materials supply, we are in close connection with our suppliers and have in-creased the safety stock of critical raw materials as we see some increase in lead times from them.
• Business contingency measures are ongoing and will be continuously monitored and updated.
• To ensure best possible order management we ask our customers to plan further ahead than usual and recommend to communicate your demand for supply as early as possible.
We appreciate your patience and input as we react to this global crisis to secure your supply and development needs. Feel free to reach out to your Vitux contact persons in case of ques-tions or comments such that we can provide you with any update you might need at this point in time.