Oslo, March 9th, 2021
Following up on the recent developments of the Covid-19 Pandemic in Norway and else-where, we in Vitux, wanted to reach out to you again as a valued customer and provide you with a new update on the current situation and the measures that Vitux is undertaking in light of the COVID-19 outbreak.
Our primary concern in the ongoing situation is the well-being of our team and their families and the ability to serve you with high quality products on an uninterrupted continuous basis. Simultaneously, we also wish that you, your family and team remain healthy and well.
Unfortunately, the spread of the virus is still substantial, also in Norway. Society, as well as Vitux are continuing our strict business practices which have been introduced in light of the Covid-19 outbreak from the start of the pandemic in March 2020.
Vitux employees, from the Management Team to the Marketing & Sales Team, Facility Man-aging Directors and Operators as well as all Development and Support Staff, are aligned and committed to mitigate any impact on delivering your critical supplies. We are doing everything possible on our end to support you and your customers through this crisis.
Please find below information on actions taken by Vitux to secure business continuity. Many of them have been implemented since March 2020 and are closely monitored and adjusted as needed.
Vitux Team and product safety measures
• Office staff in Oslo is ordered to work from home.
• Laboratory staff is on a strict schedule in order to minimize contact and any contami-nation risk. In the office, we have implemented the recommended practices for social distancing and avoid common use of office space and services.
• No visitors are allowed into the office, laboratory or manufacturing site. All business meetings are to be organized via phone or video link and our Sales Team is continu-ously reaching out to you in order to establish lines of communication based on your requirements.
• Norwegian law demands recent foreign travelers to be in 10 days quarantine or 7 days with 2 negative PCR tests for Covid-19 performed. Also, domestic travel is restricted.
• Strict access limitations for only business critical and qualified service providers under the general hygiene rules valid for all team members at the production site.
• At our production site, we have extended the strict clean zone (manufacturing area) hygiene rules to the whole facility including any access to the facility.
• We know how critical the timely and safe delivery of our products is for our customers. At present we can assure you that our storage and production facilities are operating normally.
• Up until today we only experience minor disruptions in logistic services as a result of government restrictions and our business partners confirm that supply and delivery chains are fully operational. The same applies for our external laboratory partners based on the local restrictions they are operating under, though some delays may be observed.
• As for materials supply, we are in close connection with our suppliers and have in-creased the safety stock of critical raw materials as we see some increase in lead times from them.
• Business contingency measures are ongoing and will be continuously monitored and updated.
• To ensure best possible order management we ask our customers to plan further ahead than usual and recommend to keep us informed about your demand for supply as early as possible.
• In order to increase our long-term supply capabilities Vitux has implemented an in-vestment program in order to double its current supply capabilities within the next year. We plan to keep you updated about the progress and details while we are ad-vancing with the projects.
We appreciate your patience and input as we react to this global crisis to secure your supply and development needs. Feel free to reach out to your Vitux contact persons in case of ques-tions or comments such that we can provide you with any update you might need at this point in time.